Friday, June 15, 2012


TGIF! I mean really, this week could not have been longer.
My job is getting intensely stressful: Blah Blah Blah, stereotypical internship complaints. But next week is is paycheck week, so its a light at the end of the tunnel. Only 9 weeks to go. 
ANYWAYS, I love true vintage finds. "Vintage" is a word that's really thrown around these days. But this stuff- this stuff is the real deal. Either passed down from generations or found in the corner of antique stores, you can't get any more unique.
A few of my favorite jewelry pieces that I've collected over the years! Each one is unique and has a story to tell.
 I actually found this awesome mirror at Goodwill! It's a treasure trove, I tell you.
 Probably my favorite piece. My mom bought it from the BCM when she was in college. Totes wearing this to the premiere of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
 Second favorite piece: A vintage brooch from my great grandmother. I love costume jewelry, and this looks perfect pinned to a blazer or even to a headband!
Ok, and my third favorite(s): An Auca Indian wedding ring, and a vintage spoon ring. I found the wedding ring in my grandmas jewelry box, and she let me have it! She and my grandpa were missionaries in Peru, Columbia, and Ecuador, and their house is full of cool finds. Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie have nothing on my grandparents house. It's like a shrine to the unique, the cultural, and the whimsical. The spoon ring I found in an awesome antique store down the road from my house! I love the detailing on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment