Sunday, June 17, 2012

Nancy Drew

I love books. They are a present that you can open again and again. They are always a friend when you're lonely, and can take you to another world. If I could have my way, I'd have a huge library like the ones from My Fair Lady or Beauty and the Beast, surrounded by my favorite literature. In 100 years, who is to say that books will even survive? The internet is slowly replacing the worn, loved, and dog-eared pages that I love so dearly. So, books are a treasure to me. I have four 1930-1940 Edition Nancy Drew books that I got from my grandmother that I adore, as well as a number of other vintage books. The scent of and old book combined with hot tea is such a familiar and comforting scent that is one of my favorites.






3 comments:

  1. Library chic! I love it. I've got a volunteering scheme at the local library this summer and I'm looking forward to it :3
    The Undercover Dress-Up Lover x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! That sounds like an awesome way to spend a summer! I love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an extraordinary and lovely and enchanting photoset/blog post! I adore the look, and I too am like you in that I adore old books, I am possibly the most nostalgic person that you could ever meet and I tend surround myself with items from clothing, books and so on that are from bygone eras. You seem like a kindred spirit to me :)

    Brandy Runae
    childofethereallight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete