Friday, October 26, 2012

I Saw Her Standing There/50th post!


Hello! It's been awhile since my last post, school has been absolutely ridiculous. So many group projects! And guess what?! It's my 50th post! OHTBL is still in the process of renovation, but I'm so proud of how far it has come in the past few months. Thank you to all who stop by, I hope I will continue to amuse/inspire you in some way!

 I took a night to traipse out into the woods to shoot my new tweed jacket from Entourage!
My jacket is a little different from the one pictured. Instead of blue accent stripes mine has red, making it look warmer and brighter. It was a splurge. Im in college, so my fashion funds are limited. BUT, I adore tweed. It's probably my most favorite of all textiles. I've been eyeing this blazer for awhile, and decided it was worth it. I wish I lived in Scotland, or England, or Ireland. I think that is where my heart would feel most at home. I often have said that I was born into the wrong century, but when I get to heaven, I just want to time travel. Is that weird?
This shoot was...difficult. See, these woods are basically the only woods in Statesboro, situated on campus near a pretty little place we call "Sweetheart Circle." I didn't want to run around campus in 5 inch heels and white thigh highs so I decided to do a half-change in the woods. First mistake. So there I was, stumbling down the sidewalk carrying an antique tripod, a huge bag full of clothes, and a camera around my neck. When I got into the woods, I tried to find a place where I was fully hidden from the road and prying eyes. By the time I found it, I was exhausted. 

It was at least 90 degrees (it doesn't get cold until after Christmas down here) and with the bugs, thorns, and snapping twigs freaking me out every 5 seconds, I was a mess by the time I actually pulled on my tweed. I had already had on my base outfit, made up of a chiffon blouse from Forever21 and a green skirt I thrifted a few years ago. But pulling on those socks and trying to get into those heels without falling over or flashing the squirrels was the tricksy part.
It's silly, but I couldn't help but think that I was in the perfect position to be picked off by a serial killer or the like, with it being Halloween season and all. But I was very near to campus, and I'd like to think I have a good head on my shoulders. I'm just "that girl" I guess. 

But, all's well that ends well. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to have my boyfriend help me take outfit photos, but this time I was flying solo. Since I was alone, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the self-timer. It's hard when it only takes one at a time. It's a really old camera, but it's all I have. And for the minimal shooting I do, it does a fine job. I would love to get a Canon 2ti or a Nikon. Something better than a regular digital camera and below a professional one. Then I could shoot to my hearts content, and have so many more options than I do now! 


Entourage jacket// We Who See shoes// ASOS socks// Forever 21 blouse


/Well she looked at me, and I, I could see, 

That before too long I'd fall in love with her. 
She wouldn't dance with another, (Ooh) 
And I saw her standing there./ 

No comments:

Post a Comment